Saturday, October 4, 2014

Dorothy Must Die

Title: Dorothy Must Die
"Be brave. Be angry. Don't trust anyone."

Author: Danielle Page

First Published: 2014

Series: Dorothy Must Die Series, followed by No Place Like Oz (the prequel)

Genre: YA, Fantasy

Available As: Paperback, ebook, audio book

My Rating: 8/10

Amy Gunn is a normal girl living in Kansas, until a tornado takes her away to this weird place called Oz. When she arrives, it's not like the Oz in the stories, it's all twisted and cruel. Ruled by Princess Dorothy, the place of Oz is now under her rule.

The Order of the Wicked is a secret organisation against Dorothy's rule. They recruit Amy to work for them, telling her to go undercover into Dorothy's palace to break down her kingdom and finally, kill her. It's not as easy as it seems.

I love this story! It's a twist on the famous story The Wizard of Oz. It twists it around that everyone that was originally good is bad, and every character who was originally bad, is good. Thus, the Order of the Wicked. Amy is working with the Order of the Wicked, and learns to use magic. I wish that something more would happen between her and Nox! It would've been cute.

The suspense in this novel is just so thick, it could drown a fish. You just have to keep reading, you just have to know what happens next! Danger is everywhere, and there are just some moments where you get a heart attack because you think Amy's been caught.

What else does this story remind me of? You know Once Upon A Time? The TV show? Well, that TV show plays on fairytales and changes it around. Just like in Dorothy Must Die, the fairytale has been twisted around into something you wouldn't expect.

I absolutely love this book, and I hate the fact that it ends with such a cliffhanger! But, nonetheless, it's a thrilling book and is really worth the read!

1 comment:

  1. I read this book! It was such a neat spin on the Wizard of Oz, and I loved it. Have you read the sequel yet? I haven't read it, but I'm probably going to sometime next week. From the looks of it, it's surprisingly shorter than the first book!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I hope you liked my post! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you'd like to drop me a little message/comment, that would probably make my day! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!