Saturday, December 3, 2016

Movie Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them


Today, I've finally watched Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them! I was so excited for it - it's been so long since we've seen anything to do with the Wizarding World on movie screen. I had no idea what the plot was (I refrained from reading spoilers) but I had quite high hopes for it.

I was not disappointed!

What I loved

  • Eddie Redmayne as Newt was 5 stars. I love Eddie Redmayne as an actor anyway - he's really good! I loved how he played Newt as an awkward, sweet wizard who loves animals. 
  • The plot was so intriguing! There is a new big bad - Grindelwald. Remember him? ;) Plus, he's played by Johnny Depp (which is kind of weird, but oh well)
  • Tina and Queenie! Badass sisters!
  • Queenie and Jacob :) I hope there's a future for the two of them.
  • All the beasts! I thought the niffler was very cute and fluffy Occamy? YAS I want one. Plus, the Bowtruckles would be such great companions 
  • Newt's mating dance was hilarious
  • Tina and Newt's developing relationship
  • Hedwig's theme at the beginning of the movie. Really brings back old memories of Harry Potter (*teary sniffle*)
  • Basically? Everything

After the fiasco of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, J.K. Rowling comes back with this fantastic movie. It's supposed to be a five part movie, each set in a different place. First New York, next where? I can't wait for the next one (coming out in 2018 *cries*)

Before Voldemort, it was Grindelwald. I'd love to see his evil plans and how Newt and Tina plays into them. Plus, I hope Dumbledore will show up! I'm pretty sure he use to like Grindelwald, so we'll see what happens.

Have you watched Fantastic Beasts yet? Have you seen the cover of the screenplay? It's beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved it, Cloe!! I've been dying to go and see it but at my theater, whenever I have time to go, it's completely booked. Everyone loves HP :D I'm really excited about seeing all of the new creatures in their all their fantastic glory. I've seen the pictures on Instagram and they all look so cool!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I still haven't seen this movie yet! I'm waiting for everything in my life to just slow down for a moment before I can see it (which hopefully will be next week, yay!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I hope you liked my post! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you'd like to drop me a little message/comment, that would probably make my day! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!